If you are reading this, that means that the first month of 2018 is over.
Already the time escapes me! But I am not phased - I'm actually really happy. January was a month of experimenting, working, and the start of school. I have been all over the place, in a good way. I'm starting to love this whole figuring out what to do with my time thing. It's a scary and exciting journey, all in one.
Let's jump in, shall we?
Let's jump in, shall we?
This month's goals:
- Reach 100 followers on the Miraculous Ladybug Amino app [COMPLETE]
- Create an email opt-in [NOPE]
- Outline The Visionaries Book 3 [COMPLETE - aha, sorta]
- Determine the plot of The Visionaries Book 1 [SOMEWHAT - as in not really]
- Start Spring Semester [COMPLETE]
4/5 isn't bad, huh? Especially since school has been the focus for more than half the month. :)
- Exercise - I've gotten into the routine lately of taking at least 5 minutes to do something, whether that be focusing on my arms with a few push-ups or squatting. This has been very enjoyable for me and I hope to start getting up earlier so I can fit more exercise into my routine.
- Water (96oz) - I. Love. Water! And surprisingly I've gotten used to drink at least three bottles of it a day. I notice a difference in my skin when I drink enough water (especially on my forehead) so if you're struggling with acne, I'd recommend keep a water bottle near you throughout the day! (Side note: You will have to pee a LOT more. Just sayin'.)
- Quiet time - Out of the blue I started doing this in the mornings, just before January first. I take the time to journal, pray, and read a few pages of a book. Every time I do this, I feel so centered. Even if life gets sucky, doing this centers me and grounds me. I feel like God's got my back, even if I don't feel 100%.
- Write (500+ words) - I was not the most successful at this, but I did try my best to set aside time to write. This goal has written many future blog posts (STAY TUNED) and even inspired new ideas for my novels! How fun!
- Edit (30 min.) - Last year this would always be the item that I decided could wait. This month I decided I wouldn't put it off anymore. I am going to edit my book. Once a day. Even if I don't have thirty minutes to set aside. There will be a book by the end of 2018. Just you wait and see.
- I saw three movies in theaters this month!
- The Greatest Showman
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- I discovered make-up wipes and they've changed my skin. My acne has gone down significantly, even with the added stress of school. I still have hormonal breakouts, but even those haven't been so bad.
- I realized I consume a lot of media just to waste time. From now on, I want to fill my time with more productivity and less noise.
- I published a piano cover this month and I would really appreciate it if you checked it out. There's no singing, just my fingers poking away at the keys. ;) ALSO, if you have any songs YOU want to hear, I'd love to know! I'm hoping to put out a piano cover every month, just for fun. :)
- If you're into anime, I'd like to suggest The Devil is a Part-Timer. It's hilarious and I may have a crush on Satan. <-- Not the weirdest thing I've ever said, surprisingly.
And that's about it. I hope January was just was awesome for you as it was for me. Make sure to tell me about -- highs AND lows -- in the comment section below.